Thursday, July 22, 2010

Utah trip

This past week, my mom, sister (Bethany), grandma, Connor & I went on a trip to Utah. My sister has been looking for a nanny job up there, and has been considering moving. She had a phone interview with someone and it went really well, but the mom and kids were in Alaska visiting relatives, so they couldn't do an in person interview. She wanted to meet with a couple of people too, to keep her options open, and she had about 5 potential interviews set up, so we all headed to Utah.

If anyone has been in the car with Connor, they would know that he HATES the car. He always has, ever since he was a newborn. He would be happy and content until he got into his car seat, and then he would start screaming. I thought when he got older it would get better... but here we are at 18 months, and he still hates it! So I prayed long and hard that he would be at least half way decent. I brought my portable DVD player with lots of movies, lots of new snacks, and lots of new toys. He was an absolute angel. He ended up sleeping about 5-6 hours of the trip (we left at 4am so he slept a good portion at the beginning and then also his afternoon nap later in the day) and he didn't cry a single bit of the whole trip there. Surprisingly, on the way home, he only cried maybe 15 minutes of the whole 11-12 hour trip too. YAY! :) :) Of course as soon as we got home, he went back to his normal "I hate the car" self :(


Connor got to go on walks with great-grandma almost every day while we were there, which he absolutely LOVED :)






I was doing anything and everything to entertain him in the car...





I had a photo session while I was up there, and we did them at a park. So my mom, grandma, and sister came along and played with Connor while I was doing the session. The family was a little bit late, so I got to take a few pictures of Connor before they got there. This was my favorite one :)



We visited my Aunt Kim and cousins while we were there. For some reason, everyone feels the need to give my child junk food when they see him. I don't know why, and I don't really like it... but I figure it doesn't happen all that often, so I can just deal with it. So here is Connor and his Moon pie :)
My aunt Kim, cousin Valerie, Bethany, Connor, cousin Abbey, me & my mom after church :)
Abbey and Connor
I LOVE this picture...

VERY happy about his treat!




here's Connor at the motel



with Ya-Ya checking her e-mail :)


The first night was rough. He didn't particularly want to sleep in his crib at the hotel, and so I just brought him into bed with me and Beth (we had a queen, and it was a tight squeeze, lol). Beth said that he slapped her in the face a couple of times in the middle of the night, hehe ;)




My husband's brother, Paul is going to BYU and we were staying in Provo... so I thought it would be perfect to get together for lunch. Paul had never seen Connor (the last time I saw Paul was Aaron and my wedding), so I was excited for them to meet. I'd never been on the BYU campus, so Paul thought it would be a great idea to give us a tour, lol... a VERY long and lengthy tour...

and 2 hours later... his tour put Connor to sleep...
It was fun seeing Paul, and meeting his awesome girlfriend, Allison! Hope we'll see them both again soon! :)



Well, that's all for now. There were a couple of pictures I had wanted to get of Connor while in Utah, but of course he always fell asleep when we got to where we were going, and I didn't dare wake him up! Maybe next time.

Oh, and P.S. All of Bethany's interviews that she'd set for while we were up there either canceled or there was an issue, and so she ended up not going on a single one. BUT the person she'd had a phone interview with asked if she has Skype and if he and his wife (who was in Alaska) could do a conference call type interview. So she had that while we were there, and they hired her on the spot :) So she'll be leaving to go back up to Utah in about 3 weeks, to start a new adventure in her life! Good luck Ya-Ya... we'll miss you!!!

1 comment:

*Lauren* said...

You'll just have to come up here more often to see her and ME :) By the way I LOVE the sticker pictures. Those are adorable!!