Saturday, July 31, 2010

Nursery Time

Now that Connor is 18 months old, it's time for him to go to nursery at church! :) I have gone in with him 2-3 times in the past couple of months, just for him to try to out and see how it goes. All those times he went in, he'd play with the toys and other kids and not even look at me to see that I was still in there with him. So I thought he'd do GREAT when it came time for me to be able to leave him in there on his own.


Boy was I was wrong!!



They recently split our nursery into 2 classes.. and the junior nursery (his one) only has 4-5 kids. I thought it'd be perfect... not too many kids... not too few kids. But since Connor has recently decided that I can not get more than 2 feet away from him without him screaming bloody murder, it didn't go over so well :( He was fine when we first got in there... but when I left, all hell broke loose. He screamed and screamed and screamed. I teach primary, and my class and the primary room are right across from his, and right down the call from his... so I could hear him screaming (which didn't make it any better). I had someone bring in his softies (his special little blanket) which I thought would make it better. I think it did for a moment. He stopped crying during snack time (he likes food) and they said he had a good 20 minutes... then the crying started again. I guess they had a guy in there for a while (Connor LOVES men) but then he left, and Connor wasn't happy about that. So they ended up having to take him to Aaron 20 minutes before we ended. :(

So I'm hoping that tomorrow is a LITTLE better. I don't need much better, I know that this might take a couple weeks/months. But hopefully we can get a little improvement :)

Here are some happy and smiling pictures BEFORE we went to church...

**********UPDATE**********
2nd week of nursery... just as bad as the first :( He screamed for the first hour. Then the primary president got her husband to go in there. Connor ran up to him and he picked him up and he stopped crying (I told you, he LOVES men!). That lasted through snack time (he actually ate snack this week... last week he just sat there) and then a kid tried to escape and the man ran after him, which upset Connor... and he started crying again... until I came to get him.

I REALLY hope this gets better...



**********UPDATE**********
3rd week of nursery... a tiny bit better. He cried for a good 45 minutes, and then quieted down and they said he actually went over to the play kitchen and played by himself for a little while. But then he tripped (stinkin' new shoes) and he fell, which upset him again and the crying started over. He cried and cried and cried, and then about 20 minutes before nusery ended... he cried himself to sleep in one of the leaders hands :( I really hate this.

1 comment:

*Lauren* said...

It'll get better, you're not the first. I've got a very weird child who cries when we come to take her FROM Nursery :) But most kids have a terrible separation anxiety and most kids get it around this age, Nursery or not. Don't worry, he'll eventually get that you'll come and get him EVERY TIME church is over and it's not that you're so much doing this for you, you're doing it for him. Good Luck!!!