Thursday, July 8, 2010

Happy 4th of July

Since 4th of July was on Sunday this year, we decided to skip the firework show/food and games/concert festivities at the local park, and instead just have a family BBQ and then sit in the front yard and watch fireworks (the ghetto illegal kind, lol)
We started off the day by going to church. I have been looking for a sailor outfit for Connor for a long time. I haven't been able to find one that I like that I could afford. I like the navy blue and white ones. But they're over $20 and that's so not in my price range. Well, I ended up finding this one on ebay, and I thought it was pretty cute. Only annoying thing is that the lady said that the tags were missing (which I was fine with) but that it's a 2T. Well, Connor is JUST getting out of 18 months (still fits in some though), and barely fitting 2T (most of them are too big on him). But when I tried it on him Sunday morning, it was VERY tight and that will probably be the only time he wears it. It's more like a 12-18 month size :(
That's ok though... I'll think positive... at least he got to wear it once :)
(oh, and Bethany kept making fun of him. She kept saying "ahoy matey!"
Is it that bad? I thought it was pretty cute!!)
I compared last years 4th of July Connor with this years 4th of July Connor... he's growing up way too fast!! He looks the exact same, (as far as facial features) but went from a baby to a boy :(
After church we went over to my brother's house for a BBQ. It was lots of fun, especially since Papa (my sister-in-laws Dad) made BBQ chicken... yummy!!! :)
I didn't get that many candid shots, because I wasn't feeling that great and wasn't in the mood. But I did get a couple pictures of Connor in both his outfits. Good thing I had 2 outfits for him (he's a peeing machine and ALWAYS leaks through his diapers (cloth will do that to ya), and I usually end up changing him about 5 times a day)
Connor refused to hold or touch Chloe... so this is the best we could do. I don't think it's that bad :) (he's smiling a little because my sister held a marshmallow behind me, lol)





(I saved my favorite for last) :)

And here we are sitting in the front yard watching fireworks. My brother also bought a few and was doing them in between seeing the big fireworks in the distance. Every time my brother would stop, Connor would point like below and say "more!" He LOVED them, and would clap and cheer "yay" after every firework!

my brother and Aaron setting them off...

Connor was getting so sleepy. This was probably around 10pm... he usually goes to sleep around 8pm, and that's when he has a normal 1 1/2-2 hour nap. That day, he'd only slept 30-45 minutes.
(I CAN'T wait until we have morning church!!!
12:30 church is torture when he usually takes a nap at 1:00pm)



No comments: