Wednesday, June 23, 2010

17 months and counting...

I can't believe how big my baby boy is getting. He's more of a toddler now, but to me, he'll always be my baby! :) He's got his own opinions, and you can't change his mind once it's set. He NEVER stops moving. He goes from one thing to the next in a matter of seconds. I'm surprised that I can keep up with him. He's such a happy little boy. He's always making anyone and everyone laugh.


A little about Connor...
Favorite Phrase: "Go Away"
Other words he says:
mama
daddy
Ya-Ya (my sister Bethany)
some form of Grandma
some form of Grandpa
balloon "boom"
ball
hi
doggy
more
bye-bye
"Mooo" for cow
quack quack
nose
eye
ear
hair
honk (when pressing your nose with his hand, lol)
night night
nice
I love you
thanks
go
yay!!!
(this is all I can think of right now)



17 Facts about Connor...

1. He knows what a dog and cow say... and sometimes a duck

2. He knows and points to his/someone else's hair, eyes, nose, teeth and ears

3. He LOVES to play outside in the backyard. He will stand at the back door screaming, trying to pry it open on his own. And every time we go somewhere in the car, he tries to make a mad dash to the backyard before getting in the car

4. He has to have all of his "softies" (little blanket things with stuffed animal heads attached) EVERYWHERE we go. He's got about 4-5 of them, and usually tries to carry all of them, with 1-2 of his big blankets. He gets mad when I make him leave some of them in the car when running errands

5. He LOVES "booms" (balloons). I buy one at dollar tree once a month now, just to make him happy, lol. He has one at my parents house, and as soon as he gets there, he will search the house until he finds it. I talk to my mom on Skype sometimes, and if he sees it in the background, he'll reach to the computer screen and start crying because he can't grab it out!

6. He's got 12 teeth finally all the way through... yay for those molars!

7. He still LOVES the Backyardigans and usually will sit for about 10 minutes to watch (yes, that's it... that's the longest he'll stay still). But for some reason, he THINKS he likes to watch TV. He constantly goes into the living room and finds a DVD (usually a kid one, because they're in his reach) and bring it to me. I'll put it on, and he'll sit for 2-3 minutes, and then get up and find something else to do. Sometimes he'll also watch Baby Einstein... but not often. We took him to Toy Story 3 today... he wasn't very happy about that. I ended up out in the lobby room with him, waiting til it was over.

8. He LOVES music. If he hears music anywhere, he starts dancing. I think that's why he likes Backyardigans so much... they're constantly singing!

9. He loves cell phones and is constantly finding mine somewhere and calling Aaron while he's at work. I usually don't even realize that he's done it, until Aaron calls me on his lunch and says that he's had 4-5 missed calls from Connor :) And he's figured out how to unlock it, so that won't help!

10. He loves his Grandpa (my dad) and will not even look at anyone else in the house (my mom and sister) when we go over. He goes straight to his Grandpa with a HUGE smile on his face!

11. He's still a great eater. He'll eat almost all fruits and veggies (both baby food form and normal form). He loves yogurt, cottage cheese, cream cheese, and normal cheese. He still is a bit picky when it goes to meats. They have to be very tender and easy to chew. Otherwise he'll just hold it in his mouth like a little chipmunk until I tell him to spit it out. He LOVES meatloaf though. That's his favorite.
On the other hand, he doesn't like Mac and cheese (I don't think I've ever met a kid who doesn't like it) or PB&J (well, soy butter & jelly, cuz he's allergic to peanuts)

12. He will constantly throw things in the trash for me. Sometimes it's not things I wanted in the trash. This morning as I went to take the trash out, I found a bowl, some of his Little People animals, and a little carrying case that he carries stuff in.

13. He's learning to pick up his toys when he's done playing with them. He has a playpen that is now more of a toy corral. I kept making him pick his stuff up, over and over, every time he was done playing. It only took about a week, but now when he's done, he'll take it over to the pen and throw it in there, and then clap and say "yay!!" And if he doesn't do it on his own, I ask him to, and he does it right away :)

14. He's obsessed with shoes. And not putting them on himself... but he finds everyones shoes and brings them to us. If we don't want them on and say no, he will grab our feet and try his hardest to lift them up and put them into the shoe.

15. If you say the word "stink" in any form... "eww, what's so stinky?", "well that stinks", etc... he sits down and lifts his feet to his nose and smells them

16. If you say "get dizzy Connor!" he'll spin around in circles, laughing at himself, and then stop and fall over

17. He loves to sing! And whether he has music or not, he's always singing. He usually makes up his own random songs, which for the most part, we can't understand a bit. The other day he was humming and singing and dancing and I heard "singing some random nothingness..... 'Go away'... humming some more....'Go away'... singing some more babbles.... 'Go away'....."
He's already writing his own lyrics!


I guess that's it for now. He's the funniest little guy I've ever known, and he's a joy to be around! We love having our little monkey in our lives and couldn't imagine it without him!

No comments: