Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day Weekend

We had a fantastic weekend. My mother-in-law, father-in-law, and brother-in-law all came from Arizona to visit for the weekend. We haven't seen them in 4 months, so it was great to catch up again! :) They got in late Friday evening and we were able to hang out a little. Then on Saturday, we all decided to take a trip to Newport Beach (minus Aaron, who had to work... but he met us there in the evening). I didn't really want to bring my camera to the beach, because my last camera broke while at the beach because of the sand, and I was a little freaked out about bringing my good one there. But Bethany brought hers, so when I get those pictures from her, I'll post them.

Then Sunday we went to church (normal stuff) and then everyone came over to my house for dinner and games and stuff. Sadly, I didn't take that many pictures, because with all the people there, Connor was a little anxious and was attached to my hip, and it's a bit hard to focus, set settings, and shoot with one hand :) But here are the few that I got...
Connor and Aaron's favorite thing to do together is to go outside and take care of the yard. They've been doing it for about a year now together. It's Connor's favorite time of the day. So I thought it would be great to get a stepping stone for their garden. I found a very cute kit, and Connor and I made the stone. It has Connor's feet print on it and it says "Daddy and Connor's Garden." Of course Aaron loved it, and it even made him cry :)



Connor got Grandpa a picture of him in a frame (love having children... presents are SO much easier for grandparents/parents, lol) and I gave my dad The Dress. This dress has been going around for about 10 years now. It was given to me when I was about 16. I was given a bag of hand me downs. So it wasn't new. But I didn't like it. And so I threw it away. Well my dad thought it was pretty and so he wanted me to keep it. I said no. So that night when I went to bed, I found it on my pillow (he'd taken it OUT of the trash). I started laughing, but threw it away again. And the next morning, it was hanging up in my closet. So this went on for quite some time, and I could NEVER get rid of it. So, it's become the traveling dress. It goes back and forth from me to my dad, and we try to give it to each other in a way that is surprising, and fun. I lived in PA for 3 years and I often got it shipped to me there, and I'd return it when I came home to visit for holidays. It's gone back and forth between me and my dad for just about 10 years now. For some reason, it was put in my closet, and it hasn't been passed for about 2 years. Well, 2 weeks ago, I was looking through my closet, trying to find something to wear, and I came across it (maybe he put it in there... I'm not sure, lol... cuz I didn't even know that I had it). So I thought that Father's Day would be the PERFECT day to give it back. He didn't expect it at all :) :) :)


Connor also gave Aaron a picture of him dressed up in Aaron's tie and standing in his shoes. I had that idea before Connor was even born. But last year he was only 5 months, so he couldn't quite stand in his shoes. So this year we did it. I think I might do this every year as a Father's Day picture tradition. I think it would be so cute to see all the pictures from every year, when he's all grown up :) (maybe I'll scan the pictures and put them on here after I'm done with this post)

And Connor also gave Grandpa Robert a picture of himself, lol. Like I said, pictures are the way to go when you have kids!! :) For Grandpa, we had the "Musician Connor" look, with a piano and guitar. It was so cute. And my favorite part (and I think Robert's too) was the bag we gave it to him in :) :)
Thank you all for coming and we hope you had a great time! Happy Father's Day!! :)

No comments: