Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Our Little Waterboy!

Connor and I were home alone and bored. We'd played with all the toys, we'd read books, took a nap, watched Backyardigans.... all the normal stuff. So, I decided to take him outside and fill up his little pool for him to play in (I didn't want to venture into the big pool in our community without Aaron or my sister with me). He LOVES going outside. He would live outside if I let him. He'll find the infant front carrier (which he still fits in) in the house, and pick it up and take it to Aaron, whining... meaning he wants to go outside and water the plants (which is what they do a LOT, and have done since he was about 5-6 months old).

And so all I said to him was "you want to go outside?" and before I could get my shoes on, he was at the back store, crying and trying to pry the door open... he's VERY impatient!

I was going to get hot water from inside and mix it with cold hose water from outside, because I knew it would be too cold with just the outside water. But, he wasn't patient enough for me to get the inside water, and as it turns out,the hose is 100 times more fun to play with than the pool! He wouldn't even go into the pool, but he spent 1.5 hours playing with the hose. Silly boy!!




Of course he filled up his pool, but wouldn't step into it...


here he's looking at the VERY large dog next door. He's intrigued by it, but still not so sure of whether he likes it or not...



Can you see the water dripping off his face??

this is when he realized that when he sticks his finger into the hose, it sprays far... here, he had just tried to spray me!

and then he realized the hard way that putting your finger into it and pointing the hose upwards resulted in this...

he learned the second time around to turn his face when he did it...

decided to take a little drink...



This is definitely going to be a tradition this summer! He's such a busy boy, and NEVER stays in one place for more than 30 seconds. It was nice that he stayed in a 20 ft. square for an hour and a half... and VERY much entertained!!!

No comments: