Sunday, May 2, 2010

Connor's 15 Months Old

For Connor's birthday (Jan. 22nd), I wanted to get 1 year old pictures taken. I try over and over to get that child's pictures done by me... but he DOES NOT cooperate. He cries, he crawls away... and does anything and everything BUT smile and look at the camera. So, Walmart was having a $4.99 one pose special. I figured, it wasn't gonna kill me to pay 5 bucks and hopefully get at least 1 decent shot on his birthday. He ended up doing pretty good, and I got the one shot that I wanted (him eating a cupcake/messy all over). When the pictures came in, they called to let me know they were in, and said that they were really trying to clean out their drawers and if I came that day to pick them up, I'd get a $25 gift certificate to come back again.
Now fast forward to him being 15 months old, and I decided it was picture time again (I did his pictures monthly for the first year, mainly because I was working at a photo studio... and figured the second year I'd do every 3 months... and then after that just birthdays and maybe some holidays). I brought my gift card and bought my $25 dollars worth of stuff. The pictures came in in about 1 week, and I get another call. This time, they said "if you come in Friday to pick them up, you'll get a free 16x20." I just keep hitting the jackpot with them :) Sadly, the 16x20 has to be used by Mother's Day (less than a week away), so I'm going in for a family picture some time this week. And all of this... for only 5 dollars!! :) :) :)
Here are the 15 Month pictures...





and then I had a little photo session at home with him. He was MUCH more cooperative in the studio... little booger






it was a bit difficult, because now that he's walking, he kept running away from me... So this is what I saw while I was trying to take some decent pictures of him...

and this is how he truly feels about taking pictures...

Connor at 15 months:
- had his very first babysitter (besides family watching him)
- walk/runs now... NO MORE crawling at all
- is STILL under 25 lbs.
- trying to learn to sleep in a big boy bed (more to come in next post)
- finds bobby pins everywhere in the house, and will walk them to me and tries to put them in my hair
- he still LOVES hair. He will try to reach out and touch anyone with curly, shiny, fluffy, straight, etc. hair... and says "nice" while doing a stroking motion with his hand... like he pets the dogs
- drinks water a LOT better now (he used to spit it out and laugh, refusing to actually swallow any of it)... I don't always have to put juice into it anymore
- has 3 of the 4 molars coming through... he got them all within about 1-2 weeks of each other, poor boy
- decided that it's a good idea to spit on the floor, so that he could then use his hands to clean it up. He does it ALL the time!!
- he loves to blow kisses
All in all, he's doing really good. He's MUCH happier now that he can walk, and now isn't crawling after me crying when I go from room to room. It's kinda nice. We're finally at a good stage again! Now, if I could just get the sleeping thing down, we'll be great!!! :)

No comments: