Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas 2008

Christmas was very fun this year, except for the fact that a lot of the family was sick. That's never any fun. But we made the best of it. Usually on Christmas Eve, we make goodies for friends, and take them around, caroling. But this year, we decided to do that on Monday instead of Wednesday. For Christmas Eve, we all just spent the day as a family, playing games and hanging out. In our family, we have a tradition that everyone Christmas Eve, we get to open one present, which is usually PJs. This year, everyone got matching ones.

There are a couple of traditions that we do every year. Bethany and I always tell and act out the story of the Polar Express.




My dad always tells the Nativity Story too.



Followed by someone (we switch off every year) putting the star on the tree. This year, it was Bethany's turn.

Here's the four of us on Christmas Day
My favorite present this year wasn't even technically given to me. It was from Santa, to Connor :-) I found a carseat that I REALLY really liked on sale, and bought it, thinking that I would get the matching stroller later. But, after I looked for it forever, I couldn't find it ANYWHERE and then contacted the maker and they discontinuted it, and it's no where to be found. I was so sad, but just have dealt with it. But... on Christmas morning, there was my beautiful stroller, sitting in front of the tree with Connor's name on it. Made me day... made my year, actually!
This year the weather's been a little crazy. It snowed a week before Christmas, and it rained most of the week. My dad had 2 snowmen and a penguin in the front yard... but the day after Christmas, we woke up, and there'd been a snowmen/penguin massacre. They didn't even know they had it coming...

All in all, we had a great Christmas, and we can't wait for next Christmas when we've got out beautiful baby boy with us. Only 5 more weeks til he's here :-)

No comments: