Friday, August 26, 2011

Connor update

He LOVES to build bridges and towers with his blocks... and every time he builds one he comes running in to wherever I am and exclaims "mama, come look!!" and makes me come check it out :)


He loves to pretend that he's a puppy. He usually makes us throw a ball and he'll fetch it on all fours, bringing the ball back in his mouth. A few days ago he woke up and came crawling into our room and said "ruff!" and I said "Good morning Connor" and he said "I'm not Connor, I'm a puppy! RUFF!"


He's getting very smart at trying to get what he wants (or so he thinks). I was putting him to bed tonight and he kept coming out of bed for a million reasons. Every time, I sent him back to his room. After about 45 minutes, he comes out with a sad look on his face, gives a sigh, and says "I can't sleep." So simple... so true.


He loves numbers and counting and he's getting pretty good at it too. He'll often have something (food, cars, penny's etc.) and say 1...2....3.... I have THREE! (or however many he has). Also, if I ask him to go get 1 or 2 or 3 of something, he can count it and bring it to me :)


He has a love/hate relationship with ants. He's very fascinated with them and talks about them all the time. Every time he sees one, he brings it to me (usually dead) :(


Has the BEST sense of direction. He can tell me how to get home from Walmart and my mom's house.


Connor- "Can I have some milky?"
Me- "No. You can have water"
Connor- "No, I want milky!"
Me- "Connor... I said no"
Connor- "ok.... hmmm (puts finger to mouth and thinks)... how about some water?"


He's always thinking of others. Whenever we see something pink or girly or a bow... he says "I get this for Chloe!" A few days ago he saw an elephant statue and insisted that he needed to get if for Kate (my sister who has a jungle type living room). Tonight during bedtime prayer he said "and please bless Grammy that she'll feel better and be happy and she'll be my best friend!"


He remembers everything. We were driving a few days ago and he suddenly yelled out "Mommy, look! Grammy took me on a walk in my stroller there!" and pointed to Stater Brothers (my grandma was here in July and took him there once. Also, ONE time I let him go in the cart at a Walmart that has an attachment seat for extra kids.. and he called it a train. Now EVERY time we go to Walmart (any of them) he looks for the "train cart" (even though not all of them have them).


Sometimes I will nibble on him and say "yummy, you taste delicious!" and every time he gets very serious and says "No mama, you're not Cookie Monster!"