Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Music

Connor lives and breathes music. All day long he is singing or dancing or playing an "instrument." Instead of building towers, houses, etc. with blocks... he builds a piano and plays it, or uses toys as trumpets, flutes, etc.


I wanted to get him into piano lessons, but at this time, we don't really have the $100 a month for lessons. I teach lessons, but I only teach through the "normal" method, not Suzuki (playing by ear), and I think he's a bit young for the normal way of playing (since he doesn't read or even know his letters yet). BUT... I did find a toddler dance class that I enrolled him in, which starts in August, so hopefully he'll really enjoy that :)

I just wanted to write a few of the things he knows here for "journal keeping" purposes. From looking at a picture, he can point out/name a piano, harp (sometimes known as a "tickle" lol), flute, trumpet, clarinet, drums, trombone, violin (he calls a guitar a violin too), and tuba. From listening to them, he can pick out a piano, trumpet and drums :)

Anyone local know of any inexpensive music lessons/classes??

No comments: