Thursday, July 21, 2011

Beach trip on July 7th

My sister was visiting from Utah for 4th of July and decided she wanted to go to the beach on the Saturday before the 4th. For anyone who has never done this and wants to... DON'T. After a VERY long car ride there... after a VERY long wait in traffic at the beach... we had a VERY long car ride back home (without going to the beach) because there wasn't any parking and it wasn't worth the 3 mile walk to the beach. So.... she decided she wanted to go the next Saturday (crazy)... so we all said we'd go with. Well, I think the "parking Gods" were on our side, because we found a spot that was the second closest to the beach, within 2 minutes of getting there.


My WONDERFUL new purchase... this wagon is AMAZING!!
(In the wagon I had 4 beach umbrellas, 4-5 beach chairs, a backpack, a few towels, a small cooler, a few pairs of shoes, and a 2 year old!)

Connor LOVES the sand! He calls the beach a "big sandbox"



pouring sand onto Auntie Ya-Ya's blanket :)

Bethany (my sister) and her boyfriend (Jon) getting some sun! :)

Of course we remembered everything but sand toys (got left by the back door)... but luckily a lady was walking around selling some. Soooo worth the $5 :)

As you will see, most pictures are of Connor running AWAY from my sister. Everything is "I'll do it myself" and he thought he could swim...




I wish we went to the beach more than 1 time a year. It's just far away and a major task to take a 2 year old. Hopefully once he's a little older we'll go more often! :)

No comments: