Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Strange Eater

I have never met another toddler that prefers baby food over normal people food... until Connor. I'm not sure what's up with him, but he honestly would rather eat baby food all day long instead of anything else. And it's not the yummy dessert baby foods (I don't buy those)... it's fruits, veggies, combos, etc.... anything pureed/mushed up. Tonight we had vegetable beef stew for dinner. I gave Connor a bowl and he refused to eat it. I kept trying to give him bites of it and he just closed his mouth, shook his head no, and kept saying yucky. So... I got out my Magic Bullet and pureed it... put it back in the bowl and gave it to him... he smiled, said yummy, and ate the whole bowl of "soup." Is it just me, or is that strange?!?


When he was a baby, I actually made his baby food... but I had bought some of these (pictured below) to put into our 72 hour kits and into food storage.... and he's obsessed with them. When I THOUGHT he would be done with baby food soon, I started feeding them to him, so that they wouldn't go to waste.. and now he asks for them constantly throughout the day. He calls them "appies" (apple sauce)... even if they're veggies... they're all "appies" to him.






I just take off the cap and he sucks the food out of the pouch. He'd prefer these over other junk snacks (chips, cookies, etc.) too. I guess I should be happy about that, lol... they're pure fruit and vegetables... no sugar/salt or anything else added... so they're totally good for him. And they're way easy to keep in my diaper bag for while we're out and about and he needs a snack... or even when we go to Disneyland... they were a lifesaver!

I just still think it's weird that he would rather eat pureed food.

1 comment:

*Lauren* said...

You're not the only one. My Nephew who just turned 5, yes 5, still eats jarred baby food. He is an extremely picky eater. It is very weird to us. Hopefully Connor won't require it till 5. But I wouldn't be worried right now. I think it's more of a boy thing. My little Seth almost requires everything pureed (sp?) I often try to get him to eat a 3rd stage baby food that has small chunks of rice or apple in them and he dry heaves if it's in his mouth. To him, everything needs to go down smooth. It scares me a little because he's almost one. We've got such little weirdos! :) Just keep promoting the healthy stuff!