Monday, April 5, 2010

Why Some Babies Need to be Caged!!!

Don't get me wrong... I LOVE my son dearly. He's everything to me. But sometimes I want to ring his neck. Why is it that he ALWAYS gets into trouble and does EVERYTHING that he's not supposed to do when I'm busy trying to get stuff done. And why is it that he only acts this way for me?!
Today Aaron surgery for a hernia. I was at the hospital with him from 6:30am until about 4:00pm... it was a long day!! My mom and Katie watched Connor for me so I didn't have to have him in a waiting room all day (thank you guys again, by the way!!!) And when I got home, they said that he was WONDERFUL. He was happy all day long with no crying or anything. He entertained himself. He ate a good breakfast and lunch for them. He took 2 naps without a problem... just laid right in his crib and went to sleep. He was basically an angel. But as soon as I'm around him, he won't let me go more than 3 feet away from him without crying. So instead of trying to get stuff done at the house, I figure I'll go run an errand or two. He screams the WHOLE time in the car when I go to Walgreens and Walmart, and pretty much cries sitting in the shopping cart at both stores. I get home and he won't eat his dinner. He just puts it into his mouth and spits it back out and throws it onto the floor. Then he's FINALLY playing on the floor by himself, so I try to get stuff for Aaron, because he's on bed rest for 2 days. I go and get him his medicine and a drink... a blanket... etc... and I come back into the bedroom to find this........


He was sitting up dumping out the whole container of raisins on the floor. And as soon as he saw me standing there, he started laughing and dumped even more out... and then started swatting his hand back and forth, spreading them out ALL over the floor. I get down on the floor and tell him to help me pick them up.... which I know he's only 1... but he usually does it. He LOVES putting things away for some reason. But not this time... he just goes spazzy... throwing raisins everywhere. Of course I tell him no and move him to the other side while I start picking them up, and then he goes over to the diaper bag and starts emptying it. I CAN NOT WIN!!!
So.... to sum everything up.... this is why some wonderful person invinted a cage a playpen :)
I love my son... I promise I do :) I just needed to vent. Thanks to all who listened (read).



1 comment:

The Skousens said...

I hear ya!!!! Sounds exactly like Matti...my mom watches her and she's an angel and then I get her and she acts up. I guess they need attention from us, so they act up to get any kind of attention!