Thursday, February 19, 2009

Four Weeks Old

I can't believe that Connor is 4 weeks old today! Time is going by WAY too FAST! He's getting so much bigger every day. We were just looking back at hospital pictures, and he was so TINY! He's still little, of course... a little over 8 lbs. Still the size of some newborns, lol.


We just found out that he's allergic to disposable diapers. We tried about 5 different brands of diapers, and he had this horrible diaper rash. It started turning into welts/blisters, and they were very close to bleeding. No ointment would work. So, about 3 days ago, we started on ONLY cloth diapers, and within 12-24 hours, most of the rash was gone. Within 2 days, it was completely gone. My poor baby. We came into this knowing that this was going to be a possibility though, because my brother, sisters, and I were ALL allergic to disposable, and my parents had to do cloth diapers also. I guess we were just hoping that Connor would have been different. He's so much happier the past few days though. Diaper changes are a hundred times better. WAY less tears now :-)
















No comments: