Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Elder Holland

I haven't posted in a while because first our computer crashed... then a week or two later our laptop crashed. But now we have a new computer, so hopefully I'll get back to my normal posts! :)




A few weeks ago, Elder Jeffery R. Holland (one of the 12 apostles from my church) came to visit our area and we were so blessed to hear him speak a couple of different times. It's always difficult to listen/enjoy church when you have a 2 year old who will NOT sit still, but I felt the spirit so strongly and I enjoyed every moment of it.


After the conference was over, Elder Holland stood outside in the foyer to meet as many people as he could. When we came up to him, I shook his hand and he said "thank you for coming." and I kept moving along. Then Connor yelled out "My HAND... My HAND... My HAND!" in which President Miskin (our Stake President) heard, and said "Elder Holland, I think this little guy wants to shake your hand too" and Connor then shook Elder Holland's hand (for those of you who know my son... he's NOT a friendly guy to strangers. He usually says "NO!! No like it!" when I ask him to even say hi to people he knows. He's VERY shy when it comes to things like that). And then the rest of the day, he kept saying to himself and to anyone who would listen, "My hand... I shake. Conny's hand too." :)

No comments: