Monday, January 11, 2010

My new job

I found a new job. The past few months I've been working at Riley's Farm, but it was a seasonal job, and once December came, I had no job. So I've been trying to find something to bring in money, especially since Aaron lost his job too, and hasn't been able to find anything yet. He's out all the time job hunting and interviewing, so we hope and pray that he can find something soon. I've been doing photography on the side, which is what I want to eventually ONLY be doing, but until then, I found a babysitting job. I was so excited about it, because it's for a 1 year old girl, and they live only about 15-20 minutes from me, AND I get to bring Connor with me. Sadly it's only part time (about 16-20 hours a week), and it's only temporary because they're moving in Hawaii in about 6 months. But at least it's something for a little while :-)

The little girl that I'm watching, Riley, it exactly one month older than Connor, but it's very funny because she's big for her age, and he's small for his age...


Connor has never really been around babies his age, so I was a little worried at how he'd act around her. But surprisingly, they play VERY well together. The first day we were there, she kept walking up to him, kissing and hugging him, and he was looking at her like "what the heck are you doing?" but by the end of the day, he was hugging and kissing her back :-)

No comments: